2011年2月13日星期日

Something to Please Myself

It's sad if one's happiness depends on others.

And here are what I've done in these few weeks to please myself.

Skincare
Have my first trial on the aloe shaving gel which is mainly composed of aloe vera gel and hyaluronic acid. So, it's really good for dry skin. And to please the user, I've used his favorite scent which is mint and wintergreen essential oil.

Another skincare I've made is the body butter.  Shea butter, macadamia seed butter, coconut oil and macadamia nut oil are used. But it turned out to be a bit hard like the lip balm I've made last time. >< I promise myself no more balm or butter next time! I'll only make cream and lotion!!

Besides the gel and butter shown in the picture, I've made the floral handcream again. The texture and smell is so much better than my previous trial! And then I did one more batch with my sister, and she insisted not to use the grapefruit essential oil but the eucalyptus citriodra one! haha~ do you know how it smells?! it's like the mosquito repellent patch!!

Needlework
This is my first time to do the embroidery. As the first trial, I'm already quite saisfied with the final result. I used my own method to make it. I guess there should be some better way for doing it. Would definitely make one for myself next time.

Besides embroidery, I've spent much time on doing the cross stitch. Coz they're really easy. All you need for a nice piece of work is a good pattern and idea. And I've bought a french book with many classic patterns inside. So, I've made the below items.

 I did it a month ago. But have recently bought an elegant frame for it.

The rack itself is a nice frame, right?

This is what I'm now working on. Would add my friend's name on the bottom later and give it to her to thank her for accompanying me that night.

Rubberstamp
I'm very excited about my first rubberstamp!!! The next thing I have to do is to buy more different colors of ink for it. I'm sure I'll make more and more in the future.



All the above made me happy when I'm very concentrated working on them. Would doing handcraft help someone gettig a sweeter temper?

1 則留言: